Operation Director--Home Appliance
Location Shenzhen Shi
Consultant Joanne Li
Date posted 08 June 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A leading MNC Kitchen Appliance company is looking for Operation Director.
- Develop quality assurance strategy, quality assurance management (QAM) system, implement, maintain and enhance the QAM system
- Meet quality requirements for company product categories from product development to manufacturing stage
- Implement supplier quality agreements and testing standards to ensure the quality objective is understood by all parties
- Take a leadership role in dealing with the quality issues or problems arising from suppliers and customers
- Lead and supervise the QA, QC teams, oversee day-to-day operations management, review staff performance periodically and improve capability and capacity of the whole department
- Provide training to the team members including quality engineers, technicians, QC teams so as to equip them with the necessary knowledge, skills to undertake the tasks under the QAM system
- Ensures that all production critical supplier issues are resolved in a timely manner and corrective actions are implemented.
- Supervise/ delegate to supervise quality check, in-line production quality inspection and final inspection
- Lead the team to ensure that ongoing site supplier evaluation is performed.
- Lead the team to verify and control the supplier’s process changes and raw material, packaging changes
- Lead SCAR-Supplier Corrective Action Request process for problem resolution and continuous improvement and root cause analysis investigations
- Act as a mentor to the team to create the Critical to Quality and lead the team to strive for excellence in quality management
- Review prototype sample and provide technical comments /solutions to project group
- Contribute and monitor progress for robust design, risk analysis, life test on all projects
- Alert management about quality issues, problems and provide advice and solutions
- Provide technical advice and share good practice to whole quality team
- Provide technical input to the project group (e.g. project group meeting, Prototype/ off-tool samples review, PP)
- Quality professional with at least 8 years of relevant experience in trading company and manufacturer
- Possessing solid managerial experience in quality assurance, quality control, supplier quality management is preferable
- Good knowledge in product development of home appliances/ audio visual/ power systems (from testing laboratory quality control, production etc.)
- Good knowledge of Quality standards in USA or EEC markets is a must (e.g. UL, ETL, CSA, CE, MEC)
- Possessing knowledge and experience in ISO9000, TS16949 is a plus
- Familiar with supplier system audit, process audit and product audit
- Familiar with factory process, Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proved ability to supervise a team of Mainland engineers and work with expatriate senior management
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills