Sr. Sourcing Manager
Salary CNY600000 - CNY700000 per annum
Consultant Vivian Shi
Date posted 09 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
One automotive comany located in Changshu, Suzhou is hiring one Sr. Sr. Sourcing Manager to improve its sourcing team's performance and optimizing its supply chain. This position requires chemical/material background instead of automotive background.
- set up, implement and monitor the sourcing strategy for the related commodity, in relation with R&D & operations
- work with R&D to provide added-value proposals from suppliers, as competitive advantage
- develop an in-depth understanding of the commodity market, the suppliers and its application in artificial leather
- set-up best-in-class supplier panel, from supplier evaluation to frame agreement validation
- defines supplier short list to be consulted for new projects in line with supplier panel strategy
- work with project buyers to help define target price, in line with cost models, and in agreement with project manager
- drive execution leveraging and engage the commodity network either inbound or offshore to ensure budget achievement
- designs, develops, implements, and manages multi-year procurement plans and strategies to meet functional business needs and objectives for assigned categories and to support forecasted needs.
- establish a framework of reporting and associated KPIS to ensure effective performance measurement and management.
- play a key role in hiring and developing top-tier talent into team and create “phase-out“ within team as well
- responsible for company P&L and involved in company budget creation
- B.S. degree in engineering or business
- certification in sourcing management
- experienced ten years in sourcing commodity lead
- business sense and knowledge of key purchasing methods
- strong negotiation skills and a track record in delivery of results
- capability to lead a transversal team balancing various objectives
- technical acumen to enable understanding of the commodity and its application
- strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills to drive the necessary change
- experience with sap is an advantage
About the Organisation:
This company's business in China is increasing rapidly and the profit is quite good. It will set its global R&D centre in China.