Sourcing Manager-Consumer Goods
Consultant Joanne Li
Date posted 15 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A rarely seen Sourcing Manager role has just become available at one of the most respected international company based in Guangdong. This role reports to Senior sourcing manager.
- assess supply market, apply industry best practices and sourcing opportunities: business trends, market conditions, supplier cost structure and benchmarks, etc.
- develop purchasing strategy and plans for the responsible material categories. coordinate and align the strategy and activities with local and global policies
- execute purchasing activities including supplier searching, qualification, selection, negotiation, pricing, contracting, purchase order management, period evaluation / audit, claim coordination, etc.
- responsible for overall supplier matrix management for the categories. develop and maintain supplier relationships, and manage the continuous improvement in terms of cost, delivery, quality and responsiveness, to meet the expectations / requirements of production operations
- maintain purchasing information in sap system, establish / align the working processes, and keep close contact with related functional teams, to ensure smooth purchasing process
- work with quality and engineering teams to ensure the fulfilment of the specifications and quality requirements of the sourced materials
- monitor and report sourcing status, responsible for driving the results of the sourcing measures and KPIs
- bachelor’s degree or above in engineering and / or business administration
- proficient in oral and writing English
- capability of reading engineering drawings
- at least six years of experience in sourcing equipment / parts
- experience in price negotiation tactics
- vocational experience in MNC in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, competitive price analysis, SRM and CRM (internal customers)
- good skills in interpersonal management, communication, negotiation, presentation and data analysis
- sound it skills, familiar with analysing data, preparing reports and presentations with MS office
- ability to build strong networks and interact in a cross-functional-and-cultural environment with all levels of management
- sap procurement knowledge is preferred