Packaging Innovation, Development & Sourcing Director, China
Salary CNY700000 - CNY1000000 per annum
Location Suzhou Shi
Consultant Nina Liu
Date posted 07 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A Leader in a cosmetic manufacturer, whose business has been quickly increased in recent years needs a Packaging Innovation, Development & Sourcing Director, China to lead a stable and knowledgeable team in China. Based in Suzhou, Jiangsu, you will report to CEO of China & South East China.
About the Packaging Innovation, Development & Sourcing Director, China Role:
In a Leadership capacity, you will lead 3 team of about 22 people, which are Packaging Innovation team, Packaging Development team and Sourcing team. You will be expected to direct packaging innovation and packaging development to manage innovation pipeline and execute team activities for realisation of the projects from conception to product launch in market, and also direct Sourcing, Packaging Innovation, Packaging Development with technical expertise and proposals to support business growth.
- overall sourcing management for packaging development (new and standard), raw material and MRO sourcing
- set KPIS for the teams and be responsible for staff management, people development and team performance
- represent packaging centre function to work with worldwide group relevant functions for boosting packaging innovation, development, sourcing and suppliers development
- stand for packaging centre to corporate with business management functions in ASIA pacific region
- ensure qualification of suppliers to meet standard requirements.
- ensure projects sourcing & development meet target price, quality and time-line
- pack homologation - grant approval for technical points and take full responsibility for cost, timing, technical feasibility of packaging developed
- ensure effective communication and bridging works with the group’s packaging development and purchasing teams
- problem solving for technical & quality, financial impact
- develop and maintain good relationships with key players in packaging industry worldwide.
- be on the leading edge or new developments within the market
- Mechanical Engineering / Polymer Science Degree or equivalent skills & knowledge gained through work experience
- Graduate with >12 years’ experience in technical or sourcing and at least 10 years in a similar leadership role, familiarity with packaging industrialisation is required
- Strong negotiation skills and excellent communication skills, able to liaise with people at all levels inside and outside the organisation
- Strategic thinker with proven tactical implementation skills
- Good English and computer skill.
About the organisation:
This is a European manufacturer with research centres, production plants and sales offices in skin care industry and colour cosmetics industry. With business double increased in 2017, its will provide a promising platform.