Factory sourcing manager
Salary CNY200000 - CNY300000 per annum
Location Suzhou Shi
Consultant Tina Wang
Date posted 17 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A rarely seen Sourcing Manager role has just become available at one of the most respected international company based in Suzhou, reporting to GM/Global sourcing director.
In this role, you will be responsible for China area sourcing team improvement.
- search new suppliers / factories of garments to find those offering the optimum mix of quality, price, reliability and performance
- manage the path between suppliers and factories, make requires according to new products
- play a positive role in the development of potential strategic partners from china for business growth
- provide market updates on price fluctuations for raw materials and trends and innovations from the region
- ensure new suppliers are familiar with the company's standards and that all factories are audited
- travel with teams to new potential suppliers / factories to analyse output and quality
- external: maintain full communication with headquarters with the requirements of brand manager; internal: assist each brands to develop new products
Worked in a fashion cloth company as sourcing role is must. You ideally should be used to working in a central sourcing team in an international company.
- proven work experience as a sourcing manager or procurement manager in relevant garment companies
- familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- strong project management and leadership skills
- ability to negotiate and sustain interpersonal relationships
- comfortable with figures and in collecting, analysing and interpreting data
- solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
- good English skill, can report to Finland directly
About the organisation:
This world-renowned company has been in the industry for almost 100 years. They offer competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses to their employees. Employees also enjoy the freedom and autonomy to design their workday according to their unique styles and needs.