Regional Category Sourcing Manager-indirect category
Salary CNY220000 - CNY350000 per annum
Location Wuxi Shi
Consultant Tina Wang
Date posted 25 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A rarely seen regional category sourcing manager-indirect category role has just become available at one of the most respected international companies based in Jiangyin, Wuxi. This role reports to China sourcing manager.
In this role, you will be responsible for China area indirect category all sourcing activities.
- develop and implement category strategies:
- ensure regional spend & demand analysis and supply market research data is available to support business decisions
- analyse historical and future business requirements of regional within this category in terms of quantity and quality, analyse the supplier market within this category and identify multi-plant, regional opportunities for leveraging purchasing
- work with global purchasing team with providing regional inputs to form sound category strategies towards the internal stakeholders on scope of contracting, potential supplier base, type and duration of contract of optimise / lower the tco for company in the full supply chain
- ensure category sourcing strategies and decisions are effectively communicated to all stakeholders
- lead and organise category-related daily purchasing activity:
- propose x+1 / 3 targets for the category close cooperation with the internal customer, deploy them within the organisations and allow a transparent follow up and communication of the performance against targets
- lead category sourcing and purchasing process at regional level, including supplier selection and validation for agreed materials / services, continuous benchmark of the supply market and long-term capacity management
- lead the bidding process and make sure the compliance with current process and policies
- negotiate the best price and payment terms which are favourable to company while maintaining high level of service and quality
- manage and coach cross-functional team, tactical buyers, bu / plant representatives, in order to implement the purchasing strategy in his / her categories, reach the targets and reach process effectiveness and standardisation added value for our company in close cooperation with all internal customers and stakeholders
- within in the category, supervise the compliance with purchasing blueprint, standards and procedures
- manage the effectiveness and integrity of the master data database for his category collaboration with the purchasing process and supporting teams by following up the implementation of the contracts
- define and lead tco or other improvement projects together with the related functions
- responsible for supplier relationship management
Having a bachelor degree or above is must. You ideally should be used to working in a central sourcing team in an international company.
- strong at indirect category sourcing
- above five years’ relevant working experience in procurement or operations
- strong communication and influence skill
- good command of English both in written and oral
- good computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point etc.
- high integrity and a team player
- university degree or above, engineering background is preferred
About the organisation:
This world-renowned company has been in the industry for almost 100 years. They offer competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses to their employees. Employees also enjoy the freedom and autonomy to design their workday according to their unique styles and needs.