Strategic Purchase Manager
Salary CNY300000 - CNY450000 per annum
Location Suzhou Shi
Consultant Tina Wang
Date posted 25 June 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A rarely seen sourcing manager role has just become available at one of the most respected international company based in Suzhou, reporting to sourcing director.
In this role, you will be responsible for China area sourcing team improvement.
- search new suppliers / factories of garments to find those offering the optimum mix of quality, price, reliability and performance
- manage the path between suppliers and factories, make requires according to new products
- play a positive role in the development of potential strategic partners from china for business growth
- provide market updates on price fluctuations for raw materials and trends and innovations from the region
- ensure new suppliers are familiar with the company's standards and that all factories are audited
- travel with teams to new potential suppliers / factories to analyse output and quality
- external: maintain full communication with headquarters with the requirements of brand manager; internal: assist each brands to develop new products
Having a bachelor degree or above is must. You ideally should be used to working in a central sourcing team in an international company.
- proven work experience as a sourcing manager or procurement manager in relevant garment companies
- familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- strong project management and leadership skills
- ability to negotiate and sustain interpersonal relationships
- comfortable with figures and in collecting, analysing and interpreting data
- solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
- good English skill, can report to Finland directly
About the organisation:
This world-renowned company has been in the industry for almost 100 years. They offer competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses to their employees. Employees also enjoy the freedom and autonomy to design their workday according to their unique styles and needs.