Head of Sourcing & PD
Salary CNY900000 - CNY1100000 per annum
Consultant Silvia Xu
Date posted 25 July 2018 2018-07-252018-09-23 fashion No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A key leadership position that owns strategic sourcing, product costing, product development and related merchandising (purchase order/fulfilment) work processes. This position will be directly responsible for establishing a Shanghai Sourcing, Product Development and Merchandising Office and the recruitment of a multi-functional team to support a global Company.
- Owns the supplier matrix and continually identifies and manages supplier base to improve cost, quality and service. Identifies and drives process improvements.
- Establishes product “should cost” parameters and ensures Design and Development are leveraging all product costing information throughout the development cycle.
- Negotiates and executes purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support business needs.
- Identifies and evaluate new suppliers. Develops new supplier opportunities for existing products.
- Analyzes capacity limits against demand and project shortfalls that require immediate alternative sourcing.
- Leads the Product Development team for the Texitile Categories across all owned, Private Label and Licensed brands.
- Partners with Design, Quality Assurance, Costing and Sourcing resources to optimize product cost and quality to deliver desired design aesthetics.
- Directs team to evaluate and resolve technical issues and feasibility, design optimization, and production issues.
- Experience in Fashion Accessories Business (Footwear required)
- Within Footwear, the preferred candidate will have had direct experience with stitched and/or molded products (familiarity with EVA, Rubber etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. MBA preferred.
- 15 or more years of experience in Sourcing and Product Development functions
- Proven experience in project leadership, requiring demonstrated strength in communication and project management.
- Knowledge of best practices and competitive practices in the marketplace.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analysis, negotiating and decision-making skills, with the ability to collaboratively influence others as part of a business team.
- Fluent in Chinese and English.
About the Company:
World Leading seasonal accessory supplier such as footwear, and cold weather accessory.