Salary CNY200000 - CNY500000 per annum
Consultant Bruce Cui
Date posted 10 August 2018 2018-08-102018-10-09 manufacturing-and-production No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A rarely seen Sourcing Manager role has just become available at one of the most respected international companies based in Taicang, reporting to SCD.
In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing team improvement.
- work with global category leads to develop and execute china commodity strategies
- in charge of sourcing with focused area of china region
- drive project / product sourcing and conceptual sourcing in cooperation with other function team
- develop supplier market competence and monitoring for the region
- develop, negotiate, and execute contracts / agreements with suppliers that minimise total cost
- engage in supply chain / supplier management and support category managers within sourcing
- operate with suppliers in an ethical manner at all times
- closely manage supplier relationships, minimising suppliers ability to influence other members of the team
- manage and own resolution for supplier delivery and quality issues, including both local supply for china as well as global suppliers in china
- supplier audit , qualification & develop with involvement of global quality and engineering departments, in terms of quality and delivery aspects
- lead identification and execution of MCO projects, interfacing between the global team , engineering and local manufacturing team
You ideally should be used to working in related industry, must have blade industry experience.
- minimum of three years of experience in supply; minimum of seven years of experience in sourcing for wind power business
- advance analytical skills; must have the ability to pay attention to details and complex problem solving skills by using logic and reason
- cross-functional understanding for good collaboration and interaction with local organisation
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- excellent computer literacy in Microsoft office
- good knowledge of ERP and understand MRP systems (oracle preferred)
- ability to read and interpret drawings and technical specifications
- must be a self-starter and able to handle time sensitive and multi-faceted projects
- ability to travel domestically and or international 30-40%
- fluent in English
About the organisation:
This world-renowned company has been in the industry for almost 100 years. They offer competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses to their employees. Employees also enjoy the freedom and autonomy to design their workday according to their unique styles and needs.