Senior Engineer ( braking system)
Salary CNY250000 - CNY300000 per annum
Consultant Zoe SHI
Date posted 24 August 2018 2018-08-242018-10-23 automotive No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This role needs to work with brake engineering centre to define new product specifications and complete new product spec, attain project objectives and results following APQP (GP3, DFMEA, DVP&R, etc.) procedures and support customer engineers on brake related issues.
- Assure quality of installation studies and develop solutions for brake packaging on axles and chassis
- Be able to check major design, drawings and cost studies with respect to packaging, function, performance and conformance to regulations
- Review, recommendation and approval of brake applications
- Support internal departments on brake manufacturing and localisation programs.
- Provide support and training to customers
- Understands market information and technical trends, such as competitors, legislation etc.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for less experienced engineering staff.
- Develop cost estimates and track department expenses according to budget
- Support sales and product management teams efforts to attract profitable new business awards
- BSME (MSME strongly desired)
- Minimum of five years of brake engineering experience
- Strong experience in design, analysis and validation of structural components and brake systems, including use of FEA. Truck air brake control system and vehicle testing experience is a plus.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- ability to formulate practical designs and appraise quality, adequacy and practicality of design
- Must be willing to travel to Xuzhou, Jiangsu and customer locations.
About the company:
It is an American firm which products are passenger vehicles.