China Indirect Material Purchasing Manager
Salary CNY400000 - CNY500000 per annum
Location Yangzhou ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Tina Wang
Date posted 03 September 2018 2018-09-032018-11-02 manufacturing-and-production No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A rarely seen China region Indirect Purchasing Manager role has just become available at one of the most respected international companies based in Yangzhou, reporting to China Supply Chain Director.
- indirect material category management and people development
- manage and implement category strategies, and responsible for regional sourcing presentation
- presentation of key category supplier data to support sourcing decisions, such as quality performance, customer base, delivery performance, level of quality accreditation, technology / process capability and design & development capability
- responsible to collect the procurement requirements from plants, include but not limited in delivery time, brand, technology, installation, maintenance and etc.
- initial review of robustness of quote from the suppliers, review and assist in negotiation of best in class service providers, piece price and related tooling cost
- lead in negotiating one-off projects and annual pricing and drive cost reductions to meet objectives
- take lead on category cost saving initiatives
- ensure the team follow standards and delivery result in an efficient way
Fluent English and willing to based in Yangzhou is must. You ideally should have regional or multiple site indirect material consolidation experience.
- more than ten years in indirect material purchase and three years on team management role
- BS / MS with major in mechanical / electrical / engineering, required with a supply chain, global sourcing, or operational related background
- experience sourcing multiple categories MRO (PPE, service, it, maintenance, repair and overhaul)
- strong analytical, business process analysis and problem-solving capabilities
- effective time management and organisation skills to develop and execute project plans
- excellent contract management and negotiation skills
- proven ability to reduce supply chain costs
- demonstrated ability to clearly present, influence and persuade in cross-functional situations
- strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- excellent PowerPoint, excel and word experience
- global supply chain experience is preferred
- fluent in oral and written in English
- willing to travel (30% working time in business trip)
About the organisation:
This world-renowned company has been in the industry for almost 100 years. They offer competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses to their employees. Employees also enjoy the freedom and autonomy to design their workday according to their unique styles and needs.