Salary CNY280000 - CNY360000 per annum
Location Suzhou ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Tina Wang
Date posted 03 September 2018 2018-09-032018-11-02 manufacturing-and-production No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A rarely seen Sourcing Manager role has just become available at one of the most respected international company based in Suzhou SIP, reporting to Senior sourcing manager.
- define and implement the procurement and supply strategy in line with global commodity strategy
- build up a supplier base, balance RFQS between suppliers, proactively work to know the suppliers capabilities in detail
- analyse demand, visit and screen suppliers, select capable and competitive supplier
- analyse supplier quotations based on manufacturing methods, lean manufacturing, cost breakdowns
- conduct price and contract negotiation with suppliers, supplier management based on performance
- drive products and supplier qualification process together with quality and engineering colleagues
- execute sourcing project to meet time line and cost expectation
- follow up on supplier performance and make corrective actions, proactive manage risks
- drive low cost sourcing / saving / PPV performance
- report sourcing project progress to stakeholders regularly
- personal compliance with code of conduct
Having a engineering bachelor degree or above is must. You ideally must familiar with matching parts and worked in high mix and low volume environment before.
- bachelor degree base on mechanical background, excellent knowledge about how to read drawing, very familiar with normal manufacturing process, especially on machining, forging, casting, sheet metal, plastic etc.
- excellent knowledge about manufacturing cost structures, materials, landed cost models
- minimum 8 years’ experience within strategic sourcing, supply chain or purchasing
- experience from working in an international environment with negotiating contracts, transfer of sourcing projects to china and developing strategic partnerships
- experience from automotive or lawn mower aftermarket part sourcing is a plus
- fluency in English, both verbally and in writing
- ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusion
- ability to do “should cost analysis”
- good project management skills
About the organisation:
This world-renowned company has been in the industry for almost 100 years. They offer competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses to their employees. Employees also enjoy the freedom and autonomy to design their workday according to their unique styles and needs.