Business Sourcing Director - Smart Device
Location Shenzhen ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Jim Chen
Date posted 20 September 2018 2018-09-202018-11-19 electronics No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
Base in Shenzhen, a well-known company are looking for a sourcing director to develop its smart home business.
- The Sourcing director is in charge of developing and implementing long term supplier development plans with the objectives of delivering excellent results in running operations and professional long term business development with our suppliers.
- On-site lead the team in China, overall responsible for supplier base for total Asia, focusing on smart device maintaining both local and global range
- Accountable for professional and long term relationship with suppliers, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency
- Overall responsible for the business and suppliers performance
- Secure planning and execution to fulfill the sourcing assignment and pro-actively work together with HFBs to integrate opportunities and act on deviations
- Together with the counterparts, assign business to different suppliers in order to secure optimal sourcing set-up
- Set the business direction with clear Action Plan(s) to improve and develop business and supplier performance way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency
- Identify and start-up new suppliers according to business needs through the business
- Responsible for driving Leadership and Competence agenda: Identify needs and gaps, and build leadership and competence plans to meet the short and long term business needs
- With knowledge and experience in the field of purchasing you have a strong capability to identify and capture business opportunities and deliver excellent results. You are able to lead on an operational/tactical level with the business strategy in mind. Your strong analytically skills and fact-based business leadership capabilities support making the right decisions and their implementations. Your eagerness to build trust and partnership to reach common goals is remarkable. Your ability to lead business through people by demonstrating leadership capabilities and lead business with a holistic view. You are highly interested in understanding the markets we are working in as well as the reality of production. Preferably, you have electronic industry knowledge or background.
- You come with good track record in current & previous positions, in leading and developing both business and people, you lead by example and have the ability to bring out the best in your team and the people and organizations you encounter. You identify very much with our values.
About the Company:
A publicly-traded designer,developer and worldwide marketer of consumer brand-name housewares, health and home, and beauty products under owned and licensed brands.