Director of Indirect Procurement
Location Shenzhen ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Sean Li
Date posted 26 September 2018 2018-09-262018-11-25 fmcg No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
We are currently seeking a Director of Indirect Procurement to join a fast growing local company in Shenzhen.
- The Director of Indirect Procurement will be focused on establishing strong collaborative relationships with senior leaders in functional areas to align around category strategies and project requirements, scopes, and time-lines.
- This position is responsible for the management of multi billions of annual spend across the entire spectrum of indirect spend categories.
- The role oversees the development and execution of procurement policies and sourcing strategies including the setting of targets, time-lines and resource plans. Also, you will create procurement and requisitioning standard operating procedures to ensure procurement activities comply with best in class policies and procedures including legal and regulatory.
- You will establish strong vendor relationships, effectively manage category supply base, perform advanced and intricate negotiations, and oversee selection of key vendors
- Lead and support complex supplier negotiations and ensure agreements properly address risk, sustainability, and business requirements at the lowest total acquisition cost.
- Importantly, you will develop and supervise a team of Procurement professionals. Provide coaching and hands-on support to associates leading sourcing events and negotiations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- Prior experience in sourcing and negotiating Indirect goods and services in a Fortune 500 environment using strategic category management techniques to achieve results
- Established professional with broad business experience, strategic partnerships with business units, Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Procurement Policy and Tools Expertise is highly desirable
- Deep understanding of Procurement best practices, supply markets, suppliers and products
- Proven expertise implementing and managing change across all levels of an organisation
- Superior communications, interpersonal and presentation skills with strong influencing and persuasive abilities
- Proven ability to build a high-performing team with a focus on developing employees
- Fluency in both Mandarin and English
About the Organisation
Our client is a fast growing local company headquartered in Shenzhen, China.