Asia Sourcing Manager
Consultant Lavency Zhu
Date posted 09 October 2018 2018-10-092018-12-08 fmcg No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This dynamic sourcing leader role is responsible for developing, executing, and leading sourcing strategies for Asia that optimize value creation with external manufacturing partners. Particular focus for this assignment is primarily on bringing ESC leadership to all aspects of our external cost and partnership management and our commercialization process and demonstrating a proactive partnership with the internal business and innovation teams.
- In collaboration with our business teams, create external manufacturing sourcing solutions that Lead With Safety, Grow Our Business.
- Work with platform team to develop comprehensive sourcing strategies to assure Asia supply continuity while meeting business objectives in consideration of all value levers.
- Work closely with the Global Sourcing ESC function and adopt Global processes, tools and strategies
- Understand market factors affecting strategic decisions.
- Proactively bring and influence innovation and collaboration to create and execute a pipeline of cost reduction opportunities within the platform, categories or individual supplier relationships.
- Develop and manage the business relationship and appropriate contractual arrangement with the external manufacturers.
- Ensure alignment of all interactions between external sites and all related functions within GMI. (Supply Chain, R&D, Marketing, etc).
- Implement and successfully lead Continuous Improvement initiatives with key suppliers in support of business transformation goals.
- Develop measurements and KPI’s to track supplier performance against objectives. Conduct regular supplier performance reviews to drive improvement across all mission elements.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the Contract manufacturing marketplace in related food industries.
- Support divisional commercialization efforts on new products and line extensions through direct involvement with the business teams and external partner to ensure agreed success criteria are achieved.
- Demonstrated ability to create and lead the implementation of sourcing strategies.
- Knowledge of external manufacturing sourcing.
- Significant experience in external relationship management.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate across various functions both internally and externally.
- Strong project management expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- Fluent mandarin and English communication
- 6 years of related experience, 10 years preferred
- Food industry experiences preferred