Salary CNY350000 - CNY450000 per annum
Consultant Zoe Mi
Date posted 04 December 2018 2018-12-042019-02-02 retail No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A top American retialer which has sourcing office in Shanghai.
- Develop a team of Merchandisers and manage the ongoing recruitment, development, retention and succession planning within team; conduct the annual Performance Review and Development Planning process with objectives and actions for each team member
- Be the Business Unit Manager for assigned categories to direct Merchandising team to utilise market intelligence, facilitate solution based problem solving, and drive the Dead Net Margin Rate by category in conjunction with PM and AVP aligned objectives and provide guidance to other Merch Managers for their respective categories.
- Partnering with the line manager – Sourcing, Softlines & Footwear to develop long-term strategies across the full value chain
- Driving the strategic business planning process, authoring 1-3+ year strategic plans aligned to company corporate strategy
- Converting sourcing to actual turnover via recruitment of direct suppliers
- Develop and implement sound processes and systems to ensure best practices in sourcing, continually enhance sourcing and spend management processes.
- Create and oversee vendor quality control requirements and ensure that the PD & TD teams and vendors understand the protocols.
- Work closely with product development and technical development teams to maintain general flow of product development stages and key dates to ensure multiple deadlines are met.
- Monitor WIP and provide solutions & clarity for overseas factories to ensure timely delivery and quality, resolving problems as they occur.
- Conduct pricing negotiations, accomplish possible cost reductions, and evaluate performance of existing suppliers.
- University degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in strategic sourcing or merchandise management preferably for American or European company.
- Strong interest and experience in apparel, manufacturing, and/or operations
- Ability to manage and develop others
- Strong personal integrity and self-motivation
- Intellectual agility and curiosity
- Strong customer focus
- Project management skills and demonstrated ability to meet project milestones with both timeliness and quality output
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence others to achieve goals and deliver financial results
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities
- Ability to work effectively with new and existing vendors
- Demonstrated strong written presentation and oral communication skills in both formal and informal settings
- Able to travel extensively throughout Asia for prorated periods of time