Sourcing Director- Home Appliance
Salary CNY800000 - CNY1000000 per annum + Negotiable
Location Shenzhen ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Jim Chen
Date posted 05 December 2018 2018-12-052019-02-03 purchasing-and-procurement No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
World Famous Appliance Company in Shenzhen, looking for a Head of Procurement, taking in charge of full procurement function, including PMC, direct & indirect goods, etc.
Head of Procurement responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading a team of over 20 sourcing and supply chain personnel in a Manufacturing Facility.
- Responsible for commodities, direct souring and in-direct sourcing & services.
- Ensuring a smooth supply of materials and services to meet the companies needs at the right cost.
- Amalgamate, Corporate Global Commodities, Sourcing, In-direct sourcing and Cost reporting teams into a strong and professional team
- Corporate Global Commodities: Track commodities/materials to ensure that requirements for production and component supply are bought at the right price globally.Set the 3 year category strategy to ensure we have the right supplier base and year on year PPV targets are met in line with sales volumes and NPI.Understand and keep up with new supply trends and regulations in the market place and monitor impact – and provision for that impact.Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients, ensure that Procurement remain in control.Work across 3 the main production sites; China, Macedonia and Indonesia in assisting local teams in getting the best prices from shared materials and suppliers with combined volumes.
- Sourcing: To buy Efficiently and wisely, obtaining by ethical means the best value for every HK$ spent. Prepare all the RFQs. Enable category management: the continual monitoring of expenditures and supplier performance in specific buying categories with the intent of driving ongoing cost or supplier improvements. Source and obtain goods and commodities for the right price. Select the best suppliers in the market. Review benefits and risk of single v dual v multiple source supply, and internal v external supply where appropriate.Be In-line with company procedures, processes and approvals, to track supplier performance to ensure that they are fit for purpose at any given time. Maintain the correct quality/value balance.Working with suppliers to ensure that key processes are running efficiently and cost-effectively - cutting any waste and unnecessary costs to create a streamlined process and fast production times.Create strong partnerships where suppliers add value and seek mutual benefit through economically superior performance.Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement cost requirements to meet PPV. Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and optimize existing and new BOMs. Examine make or buy decisions and make recommendations in-line with company processes and internal partners. Build strong collaborative working relationships internally with Engineering, D&D, Finance, Quality, PMs and manufacturing to understand fully what the sourcing needs and expectations are for NPI and existing products. Negotiate and enable contract management to secure advantageous terms. Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements. Ensure Contracts are reviewed and enabled especially when suppliers fail to deliver to spec. Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services. Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries. Examine lead-times to enable just in time delivery. Review stocks and dispose of redundant stock, scrap and waste.
- Indirect sourcing: Responsible for the indirect requirements to support manufacturing, warehouse and other key business departments. Purchasing equipment, jigs and consumables for the production lines, testing, mold shop, quality and tooling.
- Cost Reporting: Support Finance and project management on building new cost matrices for NPI and track existing products. Track and report on PPV targets – capturing all cost down initiatives on a rolling basis.
- Proven working experience in an International head of procurement role in the SDA/ Car/ or domestic appliance arena.
- Strong leadership and managerial capabilities – ability to nurture and develop talent.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing operations, Tooling and mold shop facilities as well as direct and indirect souring. More than 15 years in sourcing field. Last 5 in a head of Procurement/ Sourcing position.
- Knowledge of procurement techniques as well as dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with other departments and being able to develop and manage supplier partnerships.
- Talent in negotiations and networking and the ability to explore and develop new supply chain networks.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software and quality and test programs: SAP, Share-point and internal systems OA & RQM. Good working knowledge of Excel and PPT. Good understanding of 5s standards.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers and reporting. Experience in collecting and analyzing data. To that end, be very detailed, organized.
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics, engineering or business administration.
- Familiar with category management and mapping tools like: 5 forces, PEST and SWOT analysis to formulate course of action.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.