Senior Procurement Manager
Salary CNY800000 - CNY1000000 per annum
Location Hangzhou ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Tina Wang
Date posted 21 January 2019 2019-01-212019-03-22 manufacturing-and-production Hangzhou Shi Zhejiang CN 310000 CNY 800000 1000000 1000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn
A rarely seen Senior Procurement Manager role has just become available at one of the most respected international company based in Zhejiang Hangzhou , reporting to Procurement VP.
- builds and maintains a multi-functional network of stakeholders (upstream, downstream, and peer) in order to ensure that any strategy supports the needs of the business, and to facilitate initial buy-in, ongoing engagement, and support for execution of global strategies at all levels
- manages a team of 3-4 procurement managers located at ID-EM sites across Asia, Europe, and south America
- functions as the escalation point for procurement related topics within the ID-EM business unit
- provides ID-EM input to the category management teams for creation and evolution of global category strategies; the strategy is the basis of all sourcing decisions across the company, and must effectively meet the needs of the business, while keeping at the forefront of the industry in the areas of supplier quality, service, risk, cost, and technological capability
- leads supplier selection, negotiation efforts, and contract development throughout the RFP process for low risk, ID-EM specific suppliers
- provides leadership in developing new procurement processes and procedures – keeps abreast of innovations in the wider procurement career field, and actively looks for opportunities for improvement
- supports supplier performance evaluations with both internal and external stakeholders, and drives supplier improvement projects to enhance innovation and quality, reduce cost, and improve service / efficiency
- identifies and elevates areas of highest risk in the ID-EM supply base, and leads multi-functional teams to develop actionable risk mitigation strategies
- identifies, successfully gets support from appropriate stakeholders, and otherwise enables cost savings projects to ensure ID-EM budget commitments are met
- reviews and provides recommendations on contracts, negotiations, redlines, etc. with internal and external stakeholders
- performs other duties & projects as assigned
- Having a bachelor degree or above is must. You ideally should be used to working in a central sourcing team in an international pharmaceuticals company.
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, supply chain, finance, or engineering
- certification from ism or APICS
- experience with lean and / or six sigma manufacturing concepts
- written and verbal proficiency with English language
- minimum five years of experience in procurement in progressively responsible positions in a highly regulated / analytical manufacturing environment a plus
- ability to partner with business and functional stakeholders and develop procurement strategies to achieve organisational goals
- ability to identify a problem, work with the extended team to frame it, determine root cause, drive to potential solutions, build and present a business case, and communicate effectively to leadership to garner support
- demonstrated experience implementing sourcing strategies that have successfully been adopted by the organisation and yielded measurable business results
- strong procurement / sourcing skills including spend analysis, negotiations, supplier relationship management, E-sourcing knowledge, total cost of ownership calculations, and market fundamentals. experience managing and taking action to achieve KPIs such as savings targets, average weighted payment terms, etc.
- ability to get things done in a complex environment, using good judgement to make well-reasoned decisions, even with less than perfect information. acts with a sense of urgency, and willingly takes on tactical roles as necessary to achieve objectives
- strong skills with the Microsoft office suite of programs
About the organisation:
This world-renowned company has been in the industry for almost 100 years. They offer competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses to their employees. Employees also enjoy the freedom and autonomy to design their workday according to their unique styles and needs.