Packaging Sourcing Manager-Asia
Consultant Lavency Zhu
Date posted 01 April 20192019-04-01 2019-05-31 fmcg 上海市 CN CNY 350000 500000 500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn
Asia Packaging Sourcing Manager provides management of strategic sourcing in the Packaging categories within the entire Asia region (China, North South East Asia, India and Middle East Africa) to drive strong business results & sustainable long-term competitive advantages. The role will be responsible to manage Packaging sourcing across Asia production sites. This role will include the management of 2 Packaging category buyers in the region.
- Conduct Market Analysis and Market Research to identify suppliers to meet new product concept – early involvement before IIM stage
- Identify and link supplier innovation with the business needs
- Support Packaging Developments to make them commercially suitable - Influence and steer internal stakeholders to long term strategic direction in connection with relevant Category Strategies
- Supplier visit and supplier assessment to ensure capability and long term strategic fit to the company
- Conduct bidding and negotiation of price and other contractual terms to ensure best value for the company
- Responsible for execution and implementation once the project is moved to IIM stage
- Support team in database construction and data analysis related to packaging and packaging suppliers
- Bachelor Degree or above;
- Fluent English communication skills
- 8 years’ experience in Procurement and/or Packaging development – preferably in Consumer or Food
- Strong communication and influence skill – assertiveness and professionalism
- Leadership and strategic thinking
- Initiative and follow through
- Computer skill in MS office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
About the company:
World leading Food company obtaining values of Play to Win/Grow and Inspire/Act Boldly, Move Quickly. Asia Pacific Headquater in Shanghai.