Procurement Professional ( water treatment)
Consultant Zoe SHI
Date posted 28 October 20192019-10-28 2019-12-27 manufacturing-and-production Shanghai CN CNY 260000 280000 280000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Establishes purchasing requirements based on the need of the organization. Recommends goods/services to internal customers as necessary
• Identifies and purchases readily available goods and services related to janitorial, office and maintenance to meet the needs of the organization.
• Selects and/or recommends suppliers. Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with suppliers to enhance buying process. Administers the buying process. Generates bids, negotiates prices, establishes contracts, places orders and arranges deliveries according to prescribed deadlines and timetables.
• Establishes standardized buying programs where applicable. Utilizes existing systems and software to streamline and improve current processes. Maintains current knowledge on assigned commodities. Investigates/forecasts needs and gathers data regarding assigned purchasing areas. Recommends and/or implements changes to improve purchase of assigned commodities. Maintains vendor quality program.
• Contacts vendors to expedite delivery of purchases, correct invoice errors, negotiate scrap credits and adjustments, and obtain satisfactory arrangements. Conducts required correspondence to expedite purchase materials, revise or change purchase orders, effect cancellations, improver terms, obtain bids, etc. Understands and adheres to all company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor in Environmental/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or a related field and 5‐10 years of
• procurement experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong communication skills, Good verbal & writing English skills.
• Good time management skills and team player.
• Expertise in negotiating cost, terms, and conditions.
• Excellent computer skills – MRP/ERP, MS Office, Autodesk CAD.
About Company: Global water treatment firm