Director of Sourcing and Procurement
Consultant Sean Li
Date posted 21 November 20192019-11-21 2020-01-20 fmcg Shanghai CN CNY 1500000 1600000 1600000 YEAR A fast growing global FMCG
This is a critical position within a global sourcing organisation to support fast business growth around the globe. You will manage a team and take accountability of the sourcing and procurement functions.
- Lead the team by effective purchasing tools and processes for cost saving opportunities
- Build the should cost model and execute in day to day practice
- Make strategies for supplier portfolio by assessing risk and making supplier choices
- Manages the team to source and qualify new suppliers, tooling and items by mapping and evaluating supplier capabilities and competencies
- Lead cross functional teams for product life cycle management including cost, manufacturing process, quality process, etc.
- Lead the team for supplier performance management and improvement
- 15+ years’ experience in purchasing or supply chain management.
- Excellent communication and people skills; Good project management skills. Process oriented.
- Lean/6 Sigma experience
- Solid experience of leading working with a network of external manufacturers
- International understanding and flexibility to work across locations and time zones
- People and influencing skills – especially across cultures
- Appetite for exploring new ideas and innovating with strong experience on purchasing