Salary CNY500000 - CNY700000 per annum
Consultant Lavency Zhu
Date posted 04 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
Global leading FMCG company is looking for a toxic safety assessment expert to participate in the development of the overall business strategy. Strategic priorities within Quality Management including Innovation, Trusted quality, Regions, New fields, and to work with R&D department in new ingredients development.
- Safety Assessment of cosmetic raw materials and new ingredients
- The incumbent assess cosmetic raw materials with regards to given legal requirements using international guidelines like the SCCS notes of guidance, EU cosmetics directive and others. With view on the toxicological and chemical profile and the expected exposure scenario he decides about the approval of these substance for the use in our products globally and regionally.
- The incumbent defines the max. tolerable concentration of raw materials for the safe use in different product types with view on scientific data and regulatory requirements.
- In case of necessary toxicological studies, the incumbent decides about the purpose of the study and acts as study monitor. He defines the relevant endpoints and decides about test-institute, study lead and interpretation of results. He guarantees the validity of the entire study
- Safety Assessment of finished products
- The incumbent assess the safety of finished cosmetic products according to the EU cosmetic directive with regards to the toxicological profile of its components, the chemical character and the estimated exposure.
- For this work package the incumbent ensures that all necessary data are available, in the relevant IT systems and become transparent for the relevant business partners (e.g. R&D).
Qualification & Experience
- Master Degree in natural science (PhD preferred) with 5-8 years’ relevant experience in product safety assessment, formulations and toxicology in cosmetics or relevant industry.
- Experience in international teams and projects including change management
- Fluent English communication skills