Salary CNY400000 - CNY550000 per annum
Consultant Zoe Mi
Date posted 10 December 2018 2018-12-102019-02-08 purchasing-and-procurement No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Fortune Global 500 retailer which has sourcing office in Shanghai.
- Lead the China Quality team to develop product technical requirements, testing protocols and inspection protocols & plans
- Conduct robust supplier/factory and product risk assessment and ensure delivery of projects according to agreed time lines, while ensuring suppliers/factories comply with the relevant Q&T, ES requirements, and products are of the right quality, safe and meet all commercial and legal requirements.
- Ensure China QA team’s KPIs are delivered within the agreed budget
- Lead the team to work on continuous quality performance improvement and help the suppliers to improve their capabilities. Ensure quality claims are investigated and resolved in time and preventive actions are put in place and implemented by suppliers and the team.
- Team recruitment, training, engagement & development.
- Collaborate closely with Sourcing and Supply Chain functions. Ensure consistent alignment across the 3 functions in support of business KPI’s.
- Support the QA & Compliance Manager to develop the GSO quality & compliance strategy and activity plans.
- Implement & monitor the GSO quality strategies and plans in conjunction with Sourcing and Supply Chain leaders. Ensure alignment of plans with key stakeholders within the business.
- Ensure robust and documented Quality Management System (QMS), processes and ways of working are in place, well executed, managed via DMS and reviewed accordingly.
- Develop and implement an internal audit (IA) program for quality strategy to verify intent, accuracy and consistency of approach (extends to TPL inspectors and auditing).
- Develop and deliver training programs for internal team members, internal stakeholders and external stakeholders (e.g. Suppliers) to ensure consistent approach and deliverable of QMS program.
- Provide recommendations to strengthen and improve the QMS and Quality team function based on feedback, ongoing review and IA.
- Facilitate and lead the development of new platform for a customised QMS automated system that will be developed and implemented FY19/FY20.
- Support and/or conduct supplier/factory Quality & Technical audits as part of the on-boarding and/or ongoing site visits, including corrective action and risk mitigation plans, and communication plan (internal and external) until resolution.
- Provide recommendations and input to QA Engineers/ Sourcing Manager to incorporate into supplier quality improvement programs to further develop supplier capabilities to ensure quality acceptance standards and met, incl inspection criteria and are continually improved on.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the testing protocols, quality inspection and support capabilities for new product development and review of existing range.
- Act as key point of contact in Global Sourcing team for product quality matters including recalls or isolations, ensuring corrective action are undertaken.
- Ensure quality team catalogue production samples where required and liaising Global Sourcing team for First Article sample
- Lead quality matters incident management process, ensure all feedback is captured, incidents are reported and managed through to root cause for any quality matters / QC non-conformance, and linked to AU QM system or on-line reporting tool.
- Develop China Quality team’s KPIs and objectives in collaboration with QA & Compliance Manager. Managing team members’ performance (eg 1-1s, regular reviews, mid-year and year end appraisals, performance improvement plans where necessary, etc.) and provide monthly report to QA and Compliance Manager.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- 5+ years’ experience in management role
- Excellent leadership skills and people management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong planning and strategy implementation abilities
- Strong and proven technical competence
- Demonstrated understanding of inspection analysis and reporting
- Strong project management & execution skills
- Familiarity with Australian and New Zealand directives and standards is desired
- Demonstrated understanding of ISO 9001 and implementation of quality management system
- 8+ years experience in QA/QC in sourcing, manufacturing industry, product compliance, laboratory, engineering, supply chain, or risk management role.
About the organisation:
It is a fortune Global 500 retailer which has sourcing office in Shanghai.