Salary CNY300000 - CNY400000 per annum
Consultant Lavency Zhu
Date posted 09 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
Operations Manager is responsible for the success of assigned functions within a complex distribution center environment, to ensure that it is an outstanding place to work, delivering outstanding levels of service.
- Oversee day-to-day operations & direct the operations of the Distribution centers across PRC to achieve objectives.
- Manage a staff of approximately 24 with 3 direct reports.
- Interface cross-functionally at all levels within the divisions of the company, including communication with HQ / subsidiary management, external resources, such as freight forwarders, third party providers and governmental agencies and etc.
- Liaise with suppliers to create a good working relationship to be able to strike good negotiations for secure transportation of goods
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions for issues of a moderate to complex scope, providing proactive communications and solutions
- Ensure proper compliance and adherence to all appropriate health and safety regulations and make certain security requirements are followed both with regards for personal and inventory safety.
- Participate in senior management team decision making and provide direct support to departments, as appropriate
- Effect necessary communication and motivation to staff. Monitor individual performance via observation and review of various productivity metrics. Counsel and manage as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a productive work team via training and career development.
- Consistently promote a strong corporate culture, quality and high performance work teams.
- Promote continuous improvement including strategic reviews for the operational related functions, utilizing quality process and participation in high performance and self directed work teams.
- Act as logistics facilitator to ensure that all elements of the domestic and international distribution process are coordinated to meet customer SLAs
- Develop and ensure that established policies, rules and regulations and procedures are followed, using key performance indicators to monitor quality and regular measurements to determine effectiveness of procedures implemented
- Meet or exceed established goals relative to on-time delivery and service accuracy performance for shipments / consignments
- Improve operational efficiencies to increase ability to process customer orders using both systems and physical improvements.
- Ensure proper compliance and adherence to Export /Import Administration & Customs Regulations.
- Oversee projects relating to transportation, logistics, import / export regulations and related functions for international Fairs & Events.
- Provide direction for systems improvements and changes to operational requirements
- Other jobs assigned by Management level
To be effective on the job the logistics operation manager is required to be highly knowledgeable in customs operations and international laws to be able to handle international transactions successfully and prevent issues that may hinder successful deliveries.
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Excellent human relations skills to be able to work effectively with all members of the logistics team, getting them to perform optimally
- Strong knowledge of logistics management for efficient service delivery
- Good communication skills.
- English & Chinese requested. Italian language skills important
- Multitasking skills & attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field such as business or transportation