Senior Textile Manager - Famous EU Manufacturer - Dongguan
Salary CNY35000 - CNY50000 per month + Negociable
Location Dongguan Shi
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 15 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
An European Manufacturer located in Dongguan is currently looking for a Senior Textile Manager to launch its soft goods and textiles project starting from ID conceptual design to ramp phase. It is a wonderful opportunity for soft goods background candidate to play an essential part in leading to success of product launch in terms of design, manufacturing process and quality.
- Cross-functional teams is an essential part leading to success of product launch in terms of design, manufacturing process, quality, schedule, aesthetic, functionality and communication. A decent mind with logical and analytical engineering sense would benefit to the candidate in aligning customer expectation.
- As a contact window against client PD/SBE/TPM, candidate should communicate in an accurate manner to achieve engineering goals, and distribute drawings, technical information, working instruction, and quality expectation to cross-functional teams, supervisors and vendors. Establish engineering documentation foundation is also a crucial task towards product success.
- Work as a project based to explore and develop textile product.
- Drive proactive cross functional communication with internal and external stakeholders to achieve efficient and effective product development process.
- Continue to build on technical expertise and industry trends related to the textile/appeal industry including new technologies
- Provide technical and commercial advice and be a consultant for the cross-functional teams regarding textile materials and processes.
- Linking the chemical, physical and mechanical properties of fibers, textiles, and flexible composites to apparel performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Technology, Textile Engineering or relevant field preferred
- 8+ years experience in product development, textile development or production
- Good understanding of design and development process from inception through production.
- Previous experience working braiding, knitting fabric product or other soft good
- Comprehensive knowledge of fiber, yarn and knit/woven fabric processing
- Ability to work in team-based and multi-cultural environment
- Extremely strong analytical / logical problem solving skill
- Passionate, adaptable, fast-response, comprehensive, self-motivating, independent, and sound leadership
- Ability to complete tasks under pressure and within a tight deadline
- Good command of written/spoken English and Mandarin
About the Organisation
It is a leading industry player in the field of product design & development for advanced engineered soft-goods, mobile device storage & accessories. It has an impressive range of clients and Dongguan is a wholly-owned R&D and manufacturing that industrialises design intent.