Product Sourcing Manager - UK Retailer Buying Office - Shenzhen
Salary CNY30000 - CNY40000 per month + Negociable
Location Shenzhen Shi
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 15 March 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
An European retailer buying office is looking for a Product Sourcing Manager to join their sourcing office in Shenzhen for their Home Category. Reporting directly to the Head of Sourcing and Quality and working directly with UK team, it is a great opportunity to join a wonderful culture working environment and a successful business.
- Plan trips with PDM or senior sourcing manager to visit vendor/factory and follow up works. Work with PDM to plan 'buy' trips and product line reviews; look for opportunistic buys within market. Source and develop product as directed by the PDM. Manage the product development process and fulfill the role in the on boarding process.
- Maintain and set up risk mitigation plan for the existing business.
- Source, evaluate and develop additional manufacturers within product area in the Asian landscape.
- Drive the execution level and compliance level of all suppliers in the category.
- Attend Trade Shows within market to seek and evaluate new product developments and market intelligence.
- Work with Packaging & Graphics Engineer to assure that all packaging and graphics meet the expectations of the PDM.
- Work with quality and production control to improve product quality, drive out supply chain cost. Work with Supply Chain to maintain VOT and fill rate standards.
- Coach and develop direct reports.
- Bachelor degree/MBA desirable, Business and Supply Chain background.
- At least 5 years sourcing experience or other related industry in Asia.
- Team leading experience is preferable.
- Good communication ability.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure in a dynamic business environment;
- Good negotiation skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills with professional manner
- Strong problem solving and excellent organisational and project management skills, able to work well in cross-functional teams
- Very fluent in both oral and written English, willing to travel regularly within China and abroad;
- Knowledge of global sourcing, electrical product background is preferred;
- Computer literacy including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project;
- Strong data analysis skill
- Strong time management skills
- Result-oriented execution
- High passion and quick learner
About the Organisation
It is a British digital retailer with annual sales of around £2 billion and has an average of 1.3 million of its website visits every day. With department store range of famous brands, market-leading e-commerce and technology capabilities and unique financial services products offering flexible ways to pay.