Vendor Costing Analyst - US Sport Brand - Shenzhen
Salary CNY15000 - CNY25000 per month + Negociable
Location Shenzhen Shi
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 19 April 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A famous retailer is looking for a Vendor Costing Analyst to join their Global sourcing office in Shenzhen. Reporting directly to the Costing Manager, it would be a great opportunity to learn product and costing knowledge and play a key role in their global sourcing business.
- Effectively communicates with costing manager, development, factory personnel, headquarter development and costing.
- Co-ordinate and monitor costing activities within the Asia office to ensure HQ receive accurate information according to the costing calendar timelines.
- Lead and manage communication of Asia office costing reports at key development milestones.
- Reviews tech packages to ensure that all packages are priced and correctly input into Product management system.
- Checks the cost details to achieve a fact based, transparent and sustainable costing.
- Provides competitive solutions to the costing process.
- Provides cost analysis on factory allocation, FOBs basis etc.
- Clearly and concisely document the costing process from origination through completion, following established guidelines and calendars.
- Supports the costing manager’s negotiating and confirming FOB pricing, production price adjustments, currency adjustments to hit target price.
- Supports the costing manager on the costing matrix (like embroidery, print etc.) build up.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree, or technical degree with major focus in apparel textile or manufacturing.
- At least 5 years Asia costing experience, apparel / footwear project management or a related field.
- Strong understanding of costing systems, policies and processes.
- Strong ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, duty, percentages etc.
- Solid analytical and systematic approach to consolidating and communicating information.
- Good understanding of both domestic and international apparel operations.
- Good understanding of material yields and metric measurements.
- Good communication and computer (word, spreadsheet applications, etc.) skills.
- Fluent in English.
About the Organization
It is a brand management and purchasing company with a retail turnover of more than USD 13 billion and has the worldwide leading position in the sport retail market. Shenzhen buying office is mainly in charge of the sourcing, merchandising, supply chain and quality management for some exclusive brands.