Material Engineering Manager - US Footwear Brand - Guangdong
Salary CNY25000 - CNY40000 per month + Negociable
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 20 April 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A footwear brand company is currently looking for a Material Engineering Manager to join their Innovation team. Reporting directly to the Director of Product Development and Operations, this role would act as a key leader to lead the innovation direction and potentially help the organisation to identify this role from their headquarter on strategic directions in the future.
- Work closely across brands to define and execute approved innovation projects from concept through final delivery
- Manage and develop innovation process and standards to be used by all brands and product types with focus on material application and construction
- Manage and follow the seasonal calendar, milestone meetings, and agreed innovation direction
- Identify and communicate trends and emerging technologies through advance research with the ability to sense opportunities and apply to existing and future innovation projects, including possible filing patentable processes & technologies
- Manage and solve complex problems in order to deliver clean and simple experiences
- Creation and management of all documentation and tutorials and report to senior management team. This will include feasibility studies, project charter, test plan, ROI and validation reports
- Execute concept designs and successful proof-of-concept testing and implementations
- Work with consumer insights and global trend to streamline innovation project requirements
- Foster an environment of shared innovations and product wins
- Responsible for the managing, leading and development of a team. Sets direction, aligns goals and objectives and inspires an innovative, high performing, and collaborative environment
- Develop and maintain a network of partners, vendors, and consultants to ensure global best-in-class capabilities.
- Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Design, or related field is required
- Minimum of 10 years material engineering experience with a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience, footwear experience a plus
- Experience performing research and testing on new technologies and processes
- Presentation skills and knowledge in additive manufacturing and processes required
- High level of materials knowledge is needed
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with internal partners and leaders throughout the organisation
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Knowledge of bio-mechanics a plus
- Working Conditions
- Normal office environment
- Domestic and International travel required. Total travel estimated at 15%-20%.
About the Organisation
It is one of the world's leading marketers of casual shoes, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint, it is dedicated to advancing the following highly recognised brands. Their sourcing liaison offices in Guangdong has more than 200 staff and located in 3 different cities.