Material Engineer - US Retail Buying Office - Shenzhen
Salary CNY15000 - CNY25000 per month + Negociable
Location Shenzhen Shi
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 20 April 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A US retail group global sourcing office located in Shenzhen is looking for a Materials Engineer, Fabric to be responsible for all materials for soft goods products category. Reporting directly to the Materials Development Manager, this position would be a great opportunity to be energised by collaborating cross-functionally in a global manufacturing organisation.
- Reliable Processes:
- Stability - Ensuring reliable, environmentally sound, safe, and efficient processes.
- Capability - Analysing and optimising validated processes and equipment based on product and operational requirements.
- Fabric Development
- Validation - Assessing fabric attributes to ensure conformance to specifications and link to product end-use.
- Cause-Effect Relationships - Transforming user needs into fabric specifications; defining raw materials and viable manufacturing approaches.
- Corrective Action - Incorporating diversity of thought to enable optimised solutions; exploring and assessing multiple approaches to solve technical challenges.
- Rapidly assimilating and connecting vast amounts of knowledge about materials, formats, and capabilities; taking appropriate risks to achieve business goals.
- Achieving the above through interaction with multi-disciplinary teams:
- Mills, Vendors, Head Quarter (Material Design, Product Design, Product Development, Technical services).
- Bachelor's degree or above in Chemical, Materials, Textile or Mechanical Engineering Discipline (or other relevant applied science subject) required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in an engineering, technical, and/or quality role at an international company.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, initiate, and drive projects or trouble shooting to completion (project management skills) in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment.
- Proven written and oral English communication skills.
- Experience with fabric and process validation in continuous manufacturing.
- Experience with sewing products, garment, clothes product manufacturing and have the ability to identify design and manufacturing problems and provide workable solutions to improve products.
- Understanding of garment engineering principles and product regulations or standards such as ASTM, EN, etc.
- Assure product quality across the supply chain by evaluating non-conforming material, identifying and resolving functional quality issues, and reviewing proposed process/fabric changes
About the organisation
It is a brand management and purchasing company with a retail turnover of more than USD 13 billion and has the worldwide leading position in the sport retail market. Shenzhen buying office is mainly in charge of the sourcing, merchandising, supply chain and quality management for some exclusive brands.