Development Engineering Manager Garment - EU Buying Office - SZ
Salary CNY240000 - CNY360000 per annum + Negociable
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 04 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A prestigious sports company is currently seeking one Development Engineering Team Leader for their soft line product line. Leading a team of 3 people, this role would play an important part in leading the development and engineering team for efficient and effective implementation for all merchandising activities in accordance with Category Sourcing strategy, and in line with Global Supply Chain objectives and goals.
- Work closely with key stakeholders (HQ category team, T1/T2 vendors and cross-functional supply chain team) to drive the Garment development processes in Asia to ensure on-time prototypes, fitting, SMS, testing until PP samples sign-off to meet desired function/key feathers, costing, manufacturability as well as on-time launch
- Ensure all tech packages/product specifications are accurately created, maintained and updated OTIF in system
- Lead the PP meetings to ensure smooth transition from development to production
- Drive QA approaches and system implementation in assigned factories. Take lead of root causes analysis for market return & compliant and provide corrective action plans where necessary.
- Be proactive in applying garment construction and manufacturing processes re-engineering to maximise cost benefits and improve margin
- Responsible for ensuring product compliance to relevant legal standards in both safety and chemical
- Drive key vendor self-approval initiatives, i.e. tech packages creation, Certified QC program etc., to improve development lead-times and efficiencies
- Team player, able to lead when required, capable of working cross functionally with good project management skills.
- Monitor performance of direct reports by providing leadership, coaching and support as necessary to meet individual development goals.
- Garment construction & pattern engineering to improve fit and cost margin
- In depth Garment manufacturing processes in a factory environment
- Better understanding of fabrics, trims and related testing
- Good time management skills to control development critical path to ensure key milestones met
- Strong knowledge of costing and advanced negotiating & influencing skills
- Strong communication skills both verbally and electronically in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to coach, mentor, manage and develop direct reports, as well as act as an advocate to internal and external teams.
- Swimwear and China range creation experience are preferable
- Graduated from textile engineering/garment design background
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with major international brands in the Garment Development and Engineering with managerial experience
About the Organisation
It is a privately owned business and owns some of the world’s best sports brands and global licensees. Its global retail business brings its sourcing office a strong and stable business and it is also the winder of best workplace to work with.