Merchandising Manager, Houseware
Salary CNY20000 - CNY30000 per annum + Negociable
Location Shenzhen Shi
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 15 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
An European retailer buying office is looking for a Merchandising Manager to join their sourcing office in Shenzhen for their Houseware Category. Reporting directly to the Divisional Merchandising Manager and working directly with team in headquarter; it is a great opportunity to join a wonderful culture working environment and a successful business.
- Plan trips with PDM or senior sourcing manager to visit vendor/factory and follow up works. Work with PDM to plan 'buy' trips and product line reviews; look for opportunistic buys within market. Source and develop product as directed by the PDM. Manage the product development process and fulfil the role in the on boarding process.
- Maintain and set up risk mitigation plan for the existing business.
- Source, evaluate and develop additional manufacturers within product area in the Asian landscape.
- Drive the execution level and compliance level of all suppliers in the category.
- Attend Trade Shows within market to seek and evaluate new product developments and market intelligence.
- Work with Packaging & Graphics Engineer to assure that all packaging and graphics meet the expectations of the PDM.
- Work with quality and production control to improve product quality, drive out supply chain cost. Work with Supply Chain to maintain VOT and fill rate standards.
- Coach and develop direct reports.
- Bachelor degree/MBA desirable, Business and Supply Chain background.
- At least 5 years sourcing experience or other related industry in Asia.
- Team leading experience is preferable.
- Good communication ability.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure in a dynamic business environment;
- Good negotiation skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills with professional manner
- Strong problem solving and excellent organisational and project management skills, able to work well in cross-functional teams
- Very fluent in both oral and written English, willing to travel regularly within China and abroad;
- Knowledge of global sourcing, electrical product background is preferred;
- Computer literacy including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project;
- Strong data analysis skill
- Strong time management skills
- Result-oriented execution
- High passion and quick learner
About the Organisation
It is an European retailer with annual sales of around USD 3 billion. They have department store range of famous brands and market-leading e-commerce which has made the sourcing office business quite stable.