Consultant Silvia Xu
Date posted 15 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
Responsible for all the aspects of fabric related matters, sourcing, production and quality, you must be able to manage a team and interface with all areas of the company. The right candidate should have a strong sense of urgency, must be a quick thinker with the ability to solve quality issues.
- Collaborate with Design teams on seasonal fabric research, new developments and trend appropriate fabrications
- Sourcing and development of fabrics by seasonal presentation to fabric and design teams on a need base.
- Get involved on preproduction/Risk assessment of new fabrics which will progress to bulk orders.
- Daily direct communication between Headquarter, merchandiser team and plants regarding fabric.
- To help on-board and new suppliers understand our standards, procedures, time calendar to make sure suppliers are able to meet our expectations.
- To work closely and build relationship with our suppliers.
- Follow up regarding potential fabric issues, providing technical support to plants.
- Works with compliance to follow up development of new fabrics and assessment of production route for on time delivery.
- In the event of quality issues, agree action plan with plants and follow reprocessing and reassessment.
- Attend fabric fair, visit and assess new fabric mills--facilities, SOP, quality assurance.
- Review with Production team bulk Fabric approvals for quality and finish to ensure consistency.
- Minimum 4 years Fabric Sourcing and development experience in a commercial (trading or retail sourcing office) apparel environment
- Excellent English both written and oral
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative focus and ability to work successfully across functional areas
- Technical understanding of fabrics
- Able to travel frequently
About the Organisation:
World leading apperial group and own mass clothing brands include work-wear and sports wear.