Senior Buyer, Softgoods - Leading Juvenile Company - GD
Salary CNY144000 - CNY216000 per annum + Negociable
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 24 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
An European buying office is looking for a Senior Buyer for Soft goods to join the Materials team and support the merchandising team. Report directly to the Buying Director, it is a great opportunity to be able to work with different functions of the organisation and potentially leading a team in the future.
- Search and analyse suppliers in the market, and select suppliers, in order to purchase products/services against the optimum terms and conditions and within budget constraints. Support and follow thru sourcing requests from category leader and strategic buyer.
- Price Management
- Keep all price list and BOMs accurate and up to date. Secure first level of cost negotiation. Track savings or extra costs and report on monthly basis. Support the regions on NPD (New Product Development) BOMs analysis for Asian supplier.
- Supplier Relation Management
- Create and manage an approved/active supplier base and continuously improve the supply base performance. Secure rating in staircase model and provide details for supplier council initiatives.
- Contract Management & Procurement Process
- Creating and managing contracts and the procurement process so that deliveries take place at the right time and at the lowest possible integrated costs. Keep files in order at share point for regions sharing and audit.
- At least 8 years experiencing in buying soft goods components. Experienced in working with a detailed broken down BOM and analysing each category (material costs, cut n sew labour, process, operational costs, margins, packing etc.).
- Acts as and is viewed as an authority in his/her area of expertise and looks beyond the borders of his/her area of expertise.
- Able to form own vision, from which he/she leads a process, a project, a policy issue or a department, and advises management.
- Able to oversee a sourcing project and take interests and needs of multiple stakeholders into account.
- Energetic and driven individual with the flexibility to adjust to different cultures and work in a complex Matrix organisation
- Juvenile industry, toys, leisure, automotive or safety related components experience
- Fluent English is a must
- Soft goods Engineering or soft goods quality background
About the Organisation
It is an European brand management and purchasing company with a retail turnover of more than EUR 10 billion and has the worldwide leading position in the sporting goods retail market. Shenzhen buying office is mainly in charge of the sourcing, merchandising, supply chain and quality management for some exclusive brands.