Sourcing Manager, Soft goods - Global Market Leader - Guangdong
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 26 June 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
An European buying office is looking for a Sourcing Manager for Soft goods category and leads a sourcing team of 3 people. Reporting directly to the Buying Director, it is a great opportunity to be able to work with different functions of the organisation and potentially grow the team and business in the future.
- you will be responsible to deliver a most utilised supplier base according to the company’s business needs and strategy, overseeing all costing & pricing process and targets achieving, coach the team members and ensure the working process aligned with other functions and global teams, identify risks, manage crisis and market intelligence of new technologies, new materials and industry movement trend.
- secure capacity and business allocation vs market forecast/demand, supplier backup and contingency planning
- control the supplier sourcing, evaluation, selection process involving the right teams and standards. Afterwards, drive the team’s plan and action for supplier improvement.
- manage component costing, BOM review and validation process
- Initiate cost saving programs by sourcing alternative suppliers, project transfer (to alternative suppliers with better cost & conditions)
- manage vendor’s performance on pricing, service and total cost of ownership (TCO), score the suppliers per scorecard with corporate quarterly.
- take the total business ownership in China side and drive the cross-functional team’s performance from business management perspective
- problem solve immediate and long term supply chain needs as challenges arise
- collect market intelligence, including raw material market cost, country of origin customs/government regulation & competitors’ movement
- manage NCR (non-conformity report) or customer claim charge back negotiation
- drive SOP standardisation for components sourcing/development from Asia
- create Global collaboration and buy in from all regional partners
- coach, train, develop the team, set goals and objectives and ensure team growth
- provide monthly tracking and analysis of actual KPI versus plan and work out action plans in case of variances
- host, manage itineraries, prepare presentations to aligned Dorel Juvenile visitors
- perform duties as required and in accordance with company policy, support growth and prosperity of the business and according to the company needs
- bachelor’s degree or above in business administration, project management
- minimum of 10 years working experience and at least 5 years of supervisory experience in a similar role
- proven experience in managing supplier sourcing, development, continuous improvement, driving change and developing meaningful results orientated relationships with suppliers
- infant, juvenile and textile related product experience is an advantage
- understanding of United States and European Testing Standards desirable
About the Organisation
It is the world's leading juvenile products company and a global market leader. The products are available in more than 100 countries and they research, design, develop, and test in-house. There are 7,000 highly driven professionals employed in 25 different countries.