Chemical Engineering Manager - Prestigious FW Company - DG
Salary CNY300000 - CNY360000 per annum + Negociable
Location Dongguan Shi
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 26 June 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A prestigious footwear company is currently looking for a Chemical Engineering Manager for one of their successful business unit. The ideal candidate will be offered the opportunity to lead the factories to ensure company targets and an industry leading service are achieved. The role will require to station in Dongguan.
- As a Manager of Chemical Engineering, you will manage a team of chemical engineers and set team/individual goals that are aligned with department, country, regional, and functional objectives that have a broad impact on the footwear business. You will coach and mentor staff as well as plan and collaborate with HR for their individual development. You will make hiring decisions, drive performance management, advise and drive global strategic direction, execute recognition and rewards. You will develop a team structure that facilitates and maximises individual and team performance. You will lead and inspire the team to develop, innovate and implement progressive chemical initiatives, processes, and standards.
- The nature of the Director of Chemical Engineering work will focus on implementing defined functional standard protocol and lead chemical engineering within creation to elevate footwear product through the use of new chemical technologies and processes. You will oversee assigned chemical engineering related projects to completion, keeping a high level of focus on work which will be applicable and impactful to future commercialisation efforts. You'll collaborate with product/process stakeholders, vendors, and offshore personnel to ensure that new product introductions and innovations meet schedule with no chemical related issues. In addition, you will also validate chemical initiatives to modernise factories and make footwear production more efficient.
- Bachelors or Masters in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Polymers, or other related field and minimum of 8-10 years directly relevant work experience
- Proven experience in strategic planning and application of business initiatives in a technical environment
- Footwear experience preferred. Experience in other related industries such as tires, polyurethane, plastics manufacturing, etc. may also be considered.
- Strong motivational leadership and team building qualities, preferably in product creation/development and manufacturing environment
- Possess strong understanding in all facets of product creation to include innovation, design, development, research, engineering, materials, and manufacturing
- Proficient problem solver with an innate ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and prioritise work according to potential impact
- Demonstrated skills at leading global teams of highly qualified and specialised individuals with a diverse expertise
- Must have strong customer focused, collaborative approach and give clear direction to team members and factory partners
- Effective project and resource management experience with a proactive approach to team specific issues
- Fast learner and possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
- Fluent in spoken and written English
About the Organisation
It is a leading industry player in the field of product design & development for advanced engineered footwear and accessories. It has an impressive range of clients and Dongguan is a wholly-owned R&D and manufacturing that industrialises design intent.