Factory Manager – Prestigious Footwear Company – DG
Location Dongguan ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 28 August 2018 2018-08-282018-10-27 fashion No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
A world leading Footwear Materials Company located in Dongguan is currently looking for a Factory Manager to operate the whole operation in the factory. This role will report directly to Head of Operations, Asia, and it is a wonderful opportunity to join a well established and structured company with clear career progression.
- Plan production activities to meet (and exceed) business budget objectives in terms of quality, cost & delivery
- Lead a group of Operational managers and supervisors. Ensure any skill gaps are identified, and that training plans are implemented to meet business development needs. Conduct performance reviews of direct reports and manage consistent performance standards across the workforce
- Ensure quality of product produced and shipped consistently meets specification, is produced within expected cost and material usage expectations
- Analyse factory data to develop and implement strategies that target and reward production and quality efficiency improvements
- Develop and implement business plan for enhancing profitability (cost down, value enhancement)
- Oversee the engineering function, ensuring machine up-time is achieved. That engineering costs are controlled within budget. That strategies are implemented that progressively automate our business to enable ongoing reductions in overall cost
- Develop and maintain a content and motivated workforce through interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ensure all customer expectations (policies & audits) with regards social and chemical compliance are met
- Advanced level spoken English and Mandarin
- Has proven experience with footwear, preferably with production management experience;
- Must establish productive plans for novel ideas --- needs to be comfortable with ambiguity and thrive on change;
- Must create new technology opportunities, new directions for the business, and positive futures for people all around us;
- Experience in working on novel projects and proven ability to bring ideas from conception to completion;
- 7-10 years’ experience of managing within a manufacturing factory environment
- University degree in business administration, industrial engineering, logistics or a related field
- Experience gained within the footwear or apparel industry, ideally gained in a major brand or Western owned company
- Knowledge and Implementation of Continuous Improvement Tools/Techniques
About the organisation:
They design, manufacture and distribute high quality, high performance materials and the products are used in footwear, fashion accessories and clothing. They have manufacturing facilities in Europe and Asia as well as sales, marketing and technical support services in more than 90 countries worldwide.