Chemical Director - US Footwear Brand - Guangdong
Salary CNY1500000 - CNY2500000 per annum + Negociable
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 25 March 20192019-03-25 2019-05-24 fashion Asia > China > Guangdong Guangdong CN CNY 1500000 2500000 2500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn
A US footwear buying office is looking for a Polymer Director or Senior Polymer Director to join their sourcing office in Guangzhou. Report directly to the Vice President of Sourcing, it would be a great opportunity to contribute chemical knowledge and play a key role in their top brand innovation strategy business.
• Keeps ownership of providing the company the portfolio of compound formulations and recipes for all types of bottom materials used for performance and leisure running.
• Conducts testing and approves all bottom compounds and polymers for use on all products.
• Maintain constant communication with the brands, the Innovation team, Product Development, and Production teams to ensure a seamless transition of product from brief / concept to production - delivering product on-time, at or below targets cost, while upholding the quality of the component / product to its intention.
• Manage team and set team and individual goals. Coach staff to create opportunities for staff development and make decisions or collaborate on hiring decisions, disciplinary actions, salary decisions and bonus. Lead by example as well as facilitate and expedite the growth and development of the team.
• Review and improve the current inventory of approved compounds / polymers, and of the approval process for new compounds for footwear products.
• Oversees and approves new vendors for polymer materials and components.
• Review and improve commercialization guidelines and testing procedures for polymers, partnering with Product Development, Quality / Production, and Innovation, to ensure clarity of execution.
• Monitor development of new materials and components and making sure it complies with Company Ethical Supply Chain and Compliance Standards.
• 15+ years’ experience in the polymer and/or footwear chemical industry and 10+ years’ experience managing staff.
• Mastered expertise of all rubber, EVA, PU, TPU and other polymer materials. Knowledge of footwear product types, materials, last types, moulds, compound development, foot anatomy, manufacturing, sourcing and all industry relevant knowledge.
• Knowledge of PTC’s FlexPLM or PLM systems a plus.
• 15-20 years working in and with foreign cultures is highly recommended. Asia experience preferred. Minimum 15 years’ experience in polymer development and production.
• Ability to effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from management, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Proven abilities for team-building, project management and organizational skills.
• Proven leader with coaching and mentoring skills to inspire team to drive for excellence.
About the Organization:
It is one of the world's leading marketers of branded casual, lifestyle and outdoor sport in footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint, it is dedicated to advancing the following highly recognised brands that comprise its ever-expanding brands.