Sr. Technical Manager - HK Fashion Group - Shenzhen
Salary CNY30000 - CNY50000 per month + Negociable
Location Shenzhen ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 24 June 20192019-06-24 2019-08-23 fashion Shenzhen Shi Guangdong Asia > China > Guangdong > Shenzhen Shi CN CNY 30000 50000 50000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Hong Kong Apparel Design House is currently looking for a Sr. Technical Manager to liaison with customers and account managers for fitting preferences and pattern requirements. Lead pattern technician for producing high quality patterns to meet customer requirements and specifications in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Collaborate with customers worldwide and provide action plans to continuously improve fitting and quality through sewing, garment construction, and pattern-related adjustments.
• Recruit, induct, train, guide and evaluate the technical development team.
• Manage the P&L of pattern department.
• Liaison with customers, account manager, and fashion designer for apparel style information, garment construction preferences, and sewing requirements. Lead the garment technologist team for developing sewing methods that maximize quality, sewing efficiency, and materials utilization aligned with customer requirements and specifications for new styles.
• Lead Sample Room Manager for planning, organizing and monitoring the sample making process to ensure timely production of high-quality samples for account manager and customer approval.
• Support and guide technical development team to review sample craftsmanship and fitting related matters whenever necessary. Policy, process and production improvement.
• Create and maintain a record-keeping system for technical knowledge and solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree or above, with major in fashion design, tailoring or related disciplines.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in garment manufacturing industry.
• Profound knowledge of pattern-making and sample-making for woven and/or knit garments for suit, pant, and outerwear products.
• Hands-on experience with developing sewing methods to maximize pattern and sewing quality, efficiency and material utilization that abide customer requirements.
• Proficient with Gerber Pattern Design System or similar is a plus.
• Good command of English and Chinese languages.
• Frequent business travel to overseas markets is required.
About the organisation:
It has been in fashion for over 60 years and a trusted partner of e-commerce pioneers and emerging brands. The design and fabric development capabilities allow fast-growing brands to focus on brand-building and distribution. It helps to meet your wardrobe needs across an industry-leading range of product categories for both men and women, in a full offering of fabrics.