Product Development Dierector - Footwear Office - Guangzhou
Salary CNY800000 - CNY1000000 per annum + Negociable
Location Guangzhou ShiFULL_TIME
Consultant Jane Chu
Date posted 05 August 20192019-08-05 2019-10-04 fashion Asia > China > Guangdong > Guangzhou Shi Guangdong CN CNY 800000 1000000 1000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A US footwear buying office is looking for a Product Development Director to join their sourcing office in Guangzhou. Report directly to the Vice President of Sourcing, it would be a great opportunity to contribute chemical knowledge and play a key role in their top brand innovation strategy business.
• Manage teams and set team and individual goals. Coach staff to create opportunities for staff development and make decisions or collaborate on hiring decisions, disciplinary actions, salary decisions and bonus. Lead by example as well as facilitate the growth and development of the team
• Manage CP milestones and the adherence of the teams
• Monitor Ready to Buy process to ensure on time commercialization for on time production delivery.
• Oversee project management and accuracy of the product development and commercialization activity. Ensure the on-time completion and delivery of samples at every stage
• Monitor the distribution of projects and maintain level workload within teams. Work with teams to allocate new seasonal projects in accordance with sourcing strategy
• Communicate and lead the product creation process to ensure all projects meet all key meeting timelines and CP deadlines. Work to create a process where all projects are completed on time, are manufacturable, proven and tested, meet design intent as well as performance intent and are profitable
• Provide leadership and problem-solving support throughout the product creation cycle. Lead and strive for innovation and continuous improvement in calendar, processes, shoe construction, manufacturability, quality, price-value, and comfort
• Monitor the development of new materials and components ensuring compliance with Ethical Supply Chain standards.
• Mastered expertise of all footwear product types, leathers, materials, last types, molds, compound development, foot anatomy, manufacturing, sourcing and all industry relevant knowledge
• Ability to effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from management, clients and other employees of the organization
• Ability to communicate visually with Illustrator & Photoshop.
• Highly effective empowering communicator, good problem solver
• Highly intelligent, self-directing and self-confident leader
• Proven leader with coaching and mentoring skills to inspire product creation teams to drive for excellence
• Ability to plan with fore-sight and anticipate impact of expected results
About the Organization
It is one of the world's leading marketers of branded casual, lifestyle and outdoor sport in footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint, it is dedicated to advancing the following highly recognised brands that comprise its ever-expanding brands.