Consultant Hao LI
Date posted 22 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
The Account Manager will manage the relationships with clients, including in-depth analysis, presentations to senior management, and contract renewal negotiations. You need to understand the big picture in clients' businesses, and proactively identify opportunities to apply research to key issues. You will drive revenue within our accounts to ensure continued growth and profitability as well as assist in building partnerships with new accounts. This position will be based in Shanghai.
- Prepare and present marketing research findings to high level decisions makers, incorporating industry and client knowledge into your in-depth analysis.
- Demonstrate usage of consumer panel data and provide actionable recommendations to client leadership teams to help them grow their business and gain market share.
- Develop strategic business insights regarding the clients’ most important business issues/needs
- Understand the dynamics of each client’s organisation and penetrate the account base to identify applications for products and services.
- Develop incremental business within each account, including creating sales goals and retention plans for each account.
- Growing revenue of the accounts as well as identifying new business opportunities and strategies to approach potential new clients, both local and international.
- Manage the contract negotiation process with clients in order to achieve/exceed revenue objectives.
- You partner with cross-functional departments and teams to ensure success for the business.
- Support the production process for the China database as well as generating client deliverables.
- 5+ years of experience within client services, account management with a market research company, or Marketing Insight experience within a manufacturer or retailer from the Sports or Apparel industry preferred.
- Demonstrated success in account planning and service experience.
- Competent analysis and writing ability - digests diverse data sets into cohesive and succinct stories both in presentations and word documents.
- Insights driven experience with consumer tracker data
- Experience selling in an information-oriented business and/or Market Research
- Negotiation skills, including the art of persuasion and creativity
- Proven ability to analyse customer needs and goals to generate thoughtful proposals that exceed customer expectations and expand revenue opportunities.
- Ability to adopt a big picture perspective, but also knows when to dig into the details
- Ability to successfully manage many complex prospective clients and projects simultaneously
- With a collaborative approach to work, you are able to build solid relationships with APAC teams; and have the ability to network in the professional and industry environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Expert in all MS Office products. (Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong communication skills. Fluent in spoken/written English.
- BA/BS or above.