Manager National Sales
Consultant Karla Wang
Date posted 04 April 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
This role will lead and manage the overall sales activity in the country/region via various channels to ensure achievement of the revenue sales targets, collaborate with key stakeholders to address the top priorities to make us the preferred international airlines in the region, and develop sales in off-line cities across the country in accordance with company commercial and marketing objectives.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES & OBJECTIVES
- Lead the commercial team (agency sales/corporate/e-commerce) to meet/exceed revenue and market share targets in the country.
- According to EK’s CSP (Commercial Sales Priorities), develop distribution strategy in respective markets to target different segments via respective channels.
- Ownership and implementation of regional and country sales related projects and monitoring the progress and effectiveness.
- Lead, direct and support the E-Commerce, Corporate sales and Group desk teams. Manage the Business Analyst resource and ensure that management and the sales teams are provided with relevant and useful performance reporting tools. Coordinating and leading the respective regional sales/corporate sales/e-commerce/pricing teams in the deployment of targeted programs for performance improvement, reversal of and remedy plan of negative performance if any and the capture of won and lost revenue.
- Enhancing cooperation and relationship with external partners such as DTCM, Foreign Tourism Bureaus, Embassies & Consulates, related departments of country government authorities, Hotel partners and internal stakeholders such as Revenue Optimization, Global Sales, Corporate Communications, Retail office, Global Call Center etc.
- Anticipate competitor activities by monitoring market trends and initiate sales strategies in a timely manner to maintain EK’s strong market position. Use CBI, Salesforce.com, Target.com and AIMS management information systems to help determine appropriate action and reverse adverse trends. Similarly, monitor positive trends with a view to proactively increasing yield opportunities. Make recommendations which require commercial policy changes e.g. alterations to agency commission levels, group pricing etc.
- Brief and coach the sales team on agency incentive agreements, national revenue generating initiatives and promotions. In accordance with company commercial policy, ensure the sales team remains focused on the trade distribution channel.
- Ensure the numerous agency incentive contracts are properly targeted, constructed and approved. Prepare and dispatch the documentation in a timely manner and ensure the contracts are signed by all parties and that the EGHQ Revenue Accounts and Pricing Departments are informed. Administer the prompt and accurate payment of agency incentive payments as they fall due and diplomatically handle any disagreements concerning levels due. Administer agency and corporate account marketing funds, ensuring adequate and appropriate disposition of the funds in accordance with revenue returns, incremental and potential premium traffic.
- Build and maintain goodwill and relationships with the national travel trade/corporate/OTA leaders, and attend industry functions on a regular basis to establish contacts, network and promote the interests of EK, out of office hours as required.
- Pioneering the initiatives of expanding distribution approach in country, penetrating new sales channels, segments, agencies and corporate accounts.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree with a minimum of 10 years airline or travel management experience of which a minimum of 5 years should be at a senior management/leadership level.
In-depth knowledge of;
- The country airline travel industry, market trends, competitive environment including threats and opportunities.
- Airline reservations and ticketing, airline revenue and ticket accountancy procedures.
- Marketing and Advertising principles; knowledge of the seat price elasticity in the local market and the associated competitive travel agency dynamics.
- Excellent negotiation skills with trade agencies, tour operators, OTAs and government entities.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills with a track of record of collaborative achievements engaging with cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating ability to speak in confidence before large groups and effectively conduct meetings.
- Must have the ability to make decision in a fast changing environment, self-motivated, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Fluency in English including local languages based on country/region.