Business Development Manager
Consultant Hao LI
Date posted 22 May 2018No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
Due to rapid expansion, we are seeking hungry and experienced sales professionals to join the team in Shanghai & Beijing. You will be responsible for acquiring new corporate clients, so that they start managing their travel through us. Reporting into the Head of China Sales (SME), you will have the opportunity to be a key part of our continued growth across the region.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Achieve defined monthly, quarterly and annual sales and total transaction value (TTV) targets.
- Develop and execute a sales plan to target key prospective accounts.
- Identify, evaluate and prioritise new business opportunities, using a variety of cold-calling, networking and other prospection methods.
- Be the face of company and represent us when meeting key decision makers, in order to create new sales opportunities and foster successful and solid relationships with them.
- Use a 'challenger sales' methodology, delivering strong sales presentations and articulating our service and value proposition in a passionate and concise manner
- Accurately forecast projected sales revenue
- Write value-driven customer proposals and create highly professional responses to RFI/Ps to maximise win-rates.
- Effectively capture and communicate customer requirements internally, completing timely handovers of closed sales to the account management team, providing the key details needed to maximise the TTV
- Collaborate with other internal departments (finance, operations, product, HR) where necessary to resolve other client-related matters.
- Consistently use Salesforce CRM database to manage activity and results, using reporting to analyse performance and identify areas of self-improvement.
- Always act in the best interest of company, operating within our business philosophies.
- Communicate with leadership on all relevant issues in a timely way and deliver reports/analysis requested by management in a thorough and complete manner
- 3+ years’ solid track record of successful B2B development/sales (sales experience in the travel industry is a plus).
- Fluency in Chinese & English (written and verbal).
- A passion for travel and the travel industry.
- Strong skills in communication and persuasion.
- Self-motivated, independent with strong interpersonal skills and a hunger for success.
- Ability to develop relationships at a strategic level.
- Ability to conduct presentations/product demonstrations in a confident/engaging manner.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to engage with various levels of staff and management.
- Sound commercial knowledge, with the ability to analyse financial data and build a basic business case.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office programs and Salesforce.com (or similar).