Senior China Head of Consumer Licensing
Salary CNY500000 - CNY700000 per annum
Consultant Jeffrey YANG
Date posted 26 November 2018 2018-11-262019-01-25 design-and-creative No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This is a leading international education group, focusing on innovative tech-related teaching methodology. And this role aims at fostering co-branding partnership, being given huge autonomy and opportunity to grow.
- Identify new product category opportunities and seek new licensing business partners. Conduct company presentations to attract potential business partners, research companies’ reputation in the market, negotiate terms of the contract, maximise sales & royalty commitments and close the deal. Learn about different industries in order to most effectively negotiate deal terms.
- Closely communicate with each licensing partners to fully comprehend on-going business issues and brings up strategic guidelines and tactics in accordance with company’s direction. This includes motivation and education of licensees to give appropriate guidance on the brands in effective manner. Review opportunities to expand local licensing programs to other international markets and support licensees as necessary.
- Manage marketing and promotion activities of the brands through working with relevant business parties, including licensees, external promotion partners and agencies. Develop and execute local marketing & promotion plans to achieve objective of the brands
- Understand the seasonal creative guidelines and work with licensees & creative team to plan and guide product development to make meaningful statement in the market.
- Achieve/ exceed sales targets set for the countries, analyze performance of licensees to find growth opportunities and take corrective action where necessary. Prepare sales forecasts, minimize bad debts & manage advertising & promotion expenditure.
- Legal - work with the legal team, customs, local lawyers, licensees and retailers to enforce anti-counterfeiting activity to protect the brands.
- University graduate of business management, marketing, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience of Brand/ Marketing/ Business Development Experience;
- Experience in licensing industry is preferred;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Good analytical and negotiation skills;
- Planning and organising skills;
- Solid “can do” attitude with positive outlook – entrepreneurial;
- Innovative and highly adaptable;
- Mature, team player;
- Fluent English language skills;
About the Company;
This is a leading international education group, focus on innovative tech-related teaching methodology.