Consultant Vera Shen
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 fmcg No.1539 West Nanjing Road Shanghai 200040 Robert Walters China
The General Manager is fully responsible for the performance of the business in China which includes profitability, growth and building brand equity. He/she will be the legal representative of the legal entity in China and will represent Brand in all aspects of normal business operations in China. He/she will also be the leader of a team responsible for the team performance, talent management, and resource management
- Provide local leadership to achieve sustainable and profitable growth (as measured by Operating Income).
- Establish an overall vision and strategy for the local business.
- Validate the commercial strategy and long-term customer plans, and eliminate barriers.
- Drive and nurture an entrepreneurial culture, accountability and 80/20 mindset
- Lead the annual Budget process along with the controller.
- Own the financial budgets, Profit and Loss, balance sheet and cash flow responsibility.
- Ensure accurate and detailed financial analysis of the business and required quarterly reporting.
- Be the role model of Brand’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. Ensures legal compliance in all business dealings and stewardship practices are fully adhered to
- Protect and promote brand equity. Validate the brand & media strategy in line with guidelines.
- Identify and lead the development of business opportunities across all key customers/channels to enable business growth ahead of key competitors
- Develop and maintain relationships at higher levels with customers/distributors to have access and influence.
- Drive Joint Business Planning with distributors to set clear annual KPIs that are stretched to maximize growth across all key channels
- 10-15 years’ experience in consumer goods marketing with expertise & exposure in above mentioned areas
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing a team
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Product or equivalent
- Demonstrated results in delivering a sustainable and growing business
- Consistently demonstrate ethical behaviors and integrity beyond reproach.
- Entrepreneurial and strong business acumen
- Strong understanding of the China market and consumer insights
- Exceptional leadership skills - goals oriented, people management, strategic thinking, influencing skills and negotiation
- Planning, organizing and excellent execution
- Hands on and attentive to details
- Team builder and people developer
- Good problem solving and decision making skills (amidst ambiguity)
- Strong communication skill and the ability to influence and lead key stakeholders
- Passion, stamina, and robustness to go the long haul in a fast growing market