Consultant Vera Shen
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 fmcg Shanghai CN CNY 3000000 4000000 4000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn
The General Manager is fully responsible for the performance of the business in China which includes profitability, growth and building brand equity. He/she will be the legal representative of the legal entity in China and will represent Brand in all aspects of normal business operations in China. He/she will also be the leader of a team responsible for the team performance, talent management, and resource management
- Provide local leadership to achieve sustainable and profitable growth (as measured by Operating Income).
- Establish an overall vision and strategy for the local business.
- Validate the commercial strategy and long-term customer plans, and eliminate barriers.
- Drive and nurture an entrepreneurial culture, accountability and 80/20 mindset
- Lead the annual Budget process along with the controller.
- Own the financial budgets, Profit and Loss, balance sheet and cash flow responsibility.
- Ensure accurate and detailed financial analysis of the business and required quarterly reporting.
- Be the role model of Brand’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. Ensures legal compliance in all business dealings and stewardship practices are fully adhered to
- Protect and promote brand equity. Validate the brand & media strategy in line with guidelines.
- Identify and lead the development of business opportunities across all key customers/channels to enable business growth ahead of key competitors
- Develop and maintain relationships at higher levels with customers/distributors to have access and influence.
- Drive Joint Business Planning with distributors to set clear annual KPIs that are stretched to maximise growth across all key channels
- 10-15 years’ experience in consumer goods marketing with expertise & exposure in above mentioned areas
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing a team
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Product or equivalent
- Demonstrated results in delivering a sustainable and growing business
- Consistently demonstrate ethical behaviors and integrity beyond reproach.
- Entrepreneurial and strong business acumen
- Strong understanding of the China market and consumer insights
- Exceptional leadership skills - goals oriented, people management, strategic thinking, influencing skills and negotiation
- Planning, organising and excellent execution
- Hands on and attentive to details
- Team builder and people developer
- Good problem solving and decision making skills (amidst ambiguity)
- Strong communication skill and the ability to influence and lead key stakeholders
- Passion, stamina, and robustness to go the long haul in a fast growing market