Sr. Merchandising Director, GC + SEA
Salary CNY1200000 - CNY1500000 per annum
Consultant Fiona Li
Date posted 24 June 20192019-06-24 2019-08-23 fashion Shanghai CN CNY 1200000 1500000 1500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A rarely seem Sr. Merchandising Director, GC + SEA role has been open in Shanghai fashion industry. In partnership with the Regional Group President & Managing Director and the Leadership team, this senior role - Sr. Merchandising Director, GC + SEA, plays a critical role in driving the business growth plans, particularly as they relate to developing and leading the merchandise strategies. The Sr. Merchandising Director, GC + SEA role is a new opening.
- Be the authority on merchandising needs for each market
- Represent regional merchandising in cross-functional work streams to ensure product strategies align with corporate and regional strategies while meeting consumer demand
- Participate in executive visits
- Organize and lead APAC merchandising seasonal market visits
- Bi-annual retail summits
- Support APAC merchandising team in their assortment creation, seasonal performance hind sighting, long-range product plan development, in-season strategy execution, etc.
- Manage competitor analysis, pricing research, product research, consumer research
- Communicate and coordinate any Marketing/PR events, pop-ups, and exclusive opportunities
- Responsible for connecting the GCSEA real estate projects with the buying activities
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ideally excellent written and spoken Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Strong management & leadership style in order to manage diverse, local market teams
- Take initiative, inspire, create and lead strategies
- Strong technical skills in merchandising / buying / merchandise planning
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and juggle work load for diverse team across markets
- Be nimble; able to adapt to the fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
About the Organization:
It is a famous US top luxury brand which has a history of over one hundred years.