Senior Operations Manager
年薪 CNY200000 - CNY400000 per annum
招聘顾问 Jeffrey YANG
发布日期 2019年1月2日 2019-01-022019-03-03 design-and-creative Shanghai CN CNY 200000 400000 400000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.cn https://www.robertwalters.cn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This is a leading international conference/events management company, and this role gives you broad exposure to this industry.
- The Senior Operation Manager, manages event production for all M&E’s events including but not limited to; assisting in the sourcing of prices for production from suppliers, purchasing of equipment, transport, freight costs etc.
- Manages event production deadlines ensuring that all suppliers are on time and on-task, and, communicate the details to the Event Manager.
- Monitors expenditures consistent with approved budget allocations and/or other budgetary constraints.
- Manage site logistics for events including, but not limited to; floor-plans, permits, third party communication, health and safety, utilities, transportations, etc.)
- Coordinate all rental jobs including crewing, scheduling, rental gear for proper delivery and setup in conjunction with the Event Managers, and to ensure the most cost effective methods.
- Execute on-site, show set-up and tear-down when necessary, working with both CS, freelance and contracted labor, venue staff and client.
- Procurement of new cost effective quality suppliers for production, manufacturing and staffing for events in conjunction with the Creative Director China.
- Management of relationships between M&E‘s suppliers so that they understand the professional requirements of MCI and keep them up to date on ways to better service M&E providing a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Participate in post-event analysis with Event Team to improve event effectiveness;
- Maintain current, orderly and accurate customer event files (hard copy and electronic), including allocation of event numbers and required event information for inclusion in the master event schedule.
- Develop and produce innovative, profitable event concepts and budget proposals in accordance with client briefs.
- In every instance ensure event budgets confirm to agreed minimum profit margins, and wherever possible increase the margin to maximize the return to the company.
- Present event concept proposals and budgets to customers within an agreed time frame, and negotiate final event design and revised budget position, including agreement on the payment schedule.
- Assist in the identification of preferred suppliers and oversee supplier briefings for the individual design elements, and quoting process to ensure event outcomes can be delivered as planned.
- Ensure that accurate Terms and Conditions together with relevant invoice/s are raised, dispatched and returned in accordance with the payment schedule.
- Manage the on-site client relationship during the implementation and running of each event, including agreement on any variations that occur during the event.
- Oversee the event implementation and management of each event including any variations.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reconciliation of supplier accounts, and generation and dispatch of final customer invoice and feedback form.
- Liaise closely with and action sales leads/requests for a proposals received from the Creative Director, China, Senior Operation Managers copying in the relevant referring personnel on significant correspondence and communication such as the event concept proposal, any major issues or concerns, etc.
- Work co-operatively with all M&E team members, and provide creative and technical input on event design concepts when requested.
- Provide weekly verbal or written reports on the status of current and planned activities including events, customer contact details and feedback, market intelligence, and any other relevant information.
- Establish and maintain professional, ethical, and commercially viable relationships with new and existing customers, including the timely delivery/presentation of event concept proposals, and in response to subsequent customer contact.
- Establish and maintain professional, ethical and profitable partnerships with all suppliers, ensuring they understand, are educated in, and adhere to the ethos of MCI China and its procedures and standards.
- Pro-actively encourage and engage supplier expertise in the design of new event concepts and modifications to existing event.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience, with a minimum of 2-3 years specialized in show/event/exhibition production and budgeting.
- Proven experience in event logistics including supplier and cost negotiation;
- Experienced in the supervision of staff including third party, event and staff rosters,
- Familiar with, or well connected to, both International and mainland suppliers.
- Strong demonstrated planning skills, with very specific attention to detail.
- Adaptability to the changing demands of live events;
- Excellent organisational ability and time management skills;
- Ability to address and resolve conflict, with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Audiovisual technical equipment is desired.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and extended hours when needed.
About the Company:
This is a leading international conference/events management company.