Your privacy is important
At Robert Walters your right to privacy is important. The following statement outlines how Robert Walters manages personal information that it holds about individuals.
- Personal information – What is it?
- Who will be collecting your personal information?
- How your information will be collected?
- How Robert Walters may use and disclose your personal information?
- Security of your personal information.
- What are your legal rights?
- Keeping your personal information up to date.
- Transfer of your personal information overseas.
- How to contract us?
Personal information - what is it?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify a person or reflect a certain person’s activities if used separately or in combination with other information.
It may range from the very sensitive (eg. health history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, psychometric assessment results and other information obtained by Robert Walters in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal information includes sensitive information that, if leaked, illegally provided or used inappropriately, will likely threaten personal and property safety and can easily harm personal reputation, physical or mental health or lead to discriminatory treatment.
Sensitive information covers information or opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion, membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
Robert Walters will only collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you in accordance with the law, regulation and governmental guidelines.
In most cases, Robert Walters will only collect, use or disclose sensitive information where it has received your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal information?
Your personal information will be collected by Robert Walters to provide you with recruitment services.
Robert Walters may also collect your personal information on behalf of Resource Solutions (a member of the Robert Walters Group) in connection with the provision of recruitment services to you.
How your information will be collected?
Generally, Robert Walters collects personal information directly from you. For example, it collects personal information when you:
- deal with Robert Walters in person, by telephone, letter, fax or email;
- supply a resume;
- fill out and submit a registration form;
- submit any other information in connection with your application for registration;
- complete psychometric assessments.
Personal information about you may also be collected from a third party. For example, when Robert Walters receives:
- any reference about you;
- results of inquiries of former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- the results of any psychometric, competency or medical test;
- performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
If Robert Walters does not have your prior consent, it will take reasonable steps to inform you that it has collected personal information from a third party and ensure you are aware of the purposes for which Robert Walters has collected your personal information.
How Robert Walters may use and disclose your personal information?
Robert Walters may use and disclose the personal information it collects about you for the following purposes:
- to provide recruitment services to you;
- for other purposes for which you have engaged Robert Walters.
Robert Walters may also disclose your personal information to a third party if they have a proper interest in the disclosure, such as:
- a member of the Robert Walters Group;
- Robert Walters insurers;
- a professional association or registration body;
- a worker’s compensation body;
If Robert Walters engages a third-party contractor to perform services which involves handling personal information, it takes reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal information except for the purposes for which it was supplied.
If you do not give Robert Walters the consent it seeks, it is unable to provide you with recruitment and other related services.
Security of your personal information
Robert Walters holds personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files.
Robert Walters has security procedures in place to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Robert Walters uses a number of processes to protect your personal information including:
- locks and security systems;
- computer pass words and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
- virus checking;
- auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
- recording of file movements;
- security classification to identify information needing special protection.
Robert Walters will keep your personal information no longer than necessary. Robert Walters will appropriately dispose of your personal information so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
Robert Walters has also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable supervisory authority where Robert Walters are legally required to do so.
What are your legal rights?
You may have the following legal rights on the personal information Robert Walters holds about you, subject to the relevant data protection laws, regulations and governmental guidelines.
- Get access to your personal information;
- Update your personal information;
- Delete your personal information;
- Adjust the scope of your consent;
- Cancelation of our account;
- Get a copy of your personal information;
Your request will be dealt with in a reasonable time. Robert Walters may charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs of retrieval and supply of the information to you.
Robert Walters may refuse your request in a number of circumstances, such as where denying access is required or authorised by law or where the request is vexatious or frivolous.
If Robert Walters denies your request for access it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
Keeping your personal information up to date
Robert Walters takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date.
Robert Walters may also contact you from time to time to check that the information is still correct.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information Robert Walters holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Robert Walters will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If Robert Walters is unable to agree that the personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you may ask Robert Walters to place with the information, a statement by you claiming that the information is not accurate, complete and up to date.
Transfer of your personal information overseas
The personal data Robert Walters collects from you may be transferred outside the country of your residence either by Robert Walters and/or by any of the third parties to whom your personal data may be disclosed to as listed in the section "How Robert Walters may use and disclose your personal data". Such transfers will occur where they are necessary as part of the recruitment and/or related intermediary services Robert Walters provides to or for you or where there such transfer is required in furtherance of Robert Walters’ legitimate interest in the prompt and efficient provision of services to you.
Robert Walters and/or the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data may store your personal data on a secure server overseas, including with trusted third-party data hosting service providers. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred to servers located overseas.
Robert Walters will take reasonable steps to ensure your data is treated securely outside of the country of residence. Robert Walters may store your personal information on a server overseas. By providing personal information via Robert Walters’ website you agree your information may be transferred to servers located overseas.
How to contact us
If you wish to gain access or correct your personal information or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, contact ContactSEAC@robertwalters.com